ANST - Q? - War Tabards

Cameron Lewis camlewis at swbell.net
Wed Feb 4 16:45:21 PST 1998

Talen von Marienburg wrote:

> Actually, I rather like the livery colors used by units such as
> Mooneschadowe & Northkeep, as well as Sir Alexis' group.  They remind me
> more of a medieval army than the more modern "uniform" look.  They also help
> bond smaller units together.  These are the building blocks of the army, and
> having everyone be the same throughout the *whole* army tends to make people
> feel they're just a small cog in the big wheel.  But I do think that they
> should incorporate the kingdom "ensign" in their livery.  Mooneschadowe uses
> it in its entirety on the back side, and Northkeep uses the Ansteorran star
> on a gold roundel.
>
> Also, I feel that Peers should wear their own arms into battle, and fighters
> such as the Warlord and regional warlords, as well as any other melee
> victors, should wear the tabard that goes with the victor.  They "earned"
> that responsibility and privilege.  And Barons & Baronesses in fief should
> wear the arms of their Barony.  I like the pageantry of the heraldry mixed
> with the liveried fighters.
>
> Just a personal opinion though, and subject to change when I feel like it.
>
> Talen

THANK YOU TALEN...remember why we play the game...to emmulate the ideal
medieval times...If you look good and have a good time doing it you have
succeeded in playing in the SCA...I would much rather have someone at a
demo take my picture because I look the part of my persona more than
just a guy in armor.  I would much rather be remembered by them as the
guy in the slash and puff outfit instead of those guys fighting.

When i remember fighting at the Gulf war, I might not know who I was
fighting against in a champions battle, or challenge tourney, but I sure
remember what they looked like and I can sure remember what units I
would prefer to engage on their side...let's go get those guys over
there, the ones in the red tabbards.

Two more cents from a run on sentence

Alrek