ANST - help with motto

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Wed Feb 4 13:31:56 PST 1998

> > Sir Alexis LaBouche asked:
> >I would appreciate any help could get with translating the motto
> >'Ensuring Justice' into latin.  Thanks in advance.

> Gunnora replied:
> I'm not finding a Latin translation for "ensuring" -- not that there isn't one,
> just that my Latin dictionary lacks one.

How about praesidium = to guard (conjugation not withstanding).  I'd
think any other verb with similar meaning (i.e. "to protect") might
also serve the same ultimate meaning.

Just an idea.  I don't claim to know *anything* about latin.  I just
have access to some really good reference books.....

-  Kat

Kat MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer
lcampbel at ossm.edu