ANST - Interesting site(re:Polydore)

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 07:46:05 PST 1998

In a message dated 98-02-08 00:28:03 EST,Conor writes:

>I agree, except that I do not see very many re-enactors.  I see
>people playing SCA, rather than trying to recreate any time period.
>
>Conor

This seems to remotely tie in with the thread many months ago, that I will
call the proffessional SCA'ers complex.  I find at times even I, (the holier
than thou one) fall into the trap of when asked " what do you do for a
hobby?", I explain that I belong to the SCA. and further enhance the
explaination as what the SCA is at large.  Thus I fall into the recruitment
trap syndrome.  Instead, I probably should tell the listener that I try to
accurrately recreate the time period of an early 14th century Templar hiding
out in his native homeland of Scotland, avoiding the traps of Edward I and
Phillip the Fair.  But I know that my listener would not probably care about
so narrow a re-enactment time frame so it is easier and more rewarding to
explain what and how the SCA works at large.

Baron Bors of Lothian
Kyrie eleison
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison