ANST - Interesting site... and poignant, too

tegan at swbell.net tegan at swbell.net
Sun Feb 8 10:11:09 PST 1998

Conor mac Cinneide wrote:

> Also, they are also right, that we often think more about the Dream,
> than about authenticity, which makes us a joke to real re-enactment
> groups.  I often find people using the Dream to cover up the fact
> that do no research, and do not care about authenticity.

>From what I have read about the origins of our group I always belived
that one of our difficulties lie in the fact that there is not just the
one "dream" that we always hear people talk about. In the SCA we try to
accomidate many dreams of distant places, times, and circumstances.
I agree we would look a lot more organized if we choose just to portray
Sussex England,1620,November 4th,9:42 am.

I also would die of bordom by the third event.

People are always going to attack those they percieve as different no
matter how sophisticated they believe themselves to be.
And yet with all the complaints we still seem to stay pretty healthy in
numbers world wide compared to the groups that slam us.
We must be fullfilling someone's dream somewhere.

Tegan