ANST - Interesting site... and poignant, too

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Feb 9 13:37:55 PST 1998

> Personally, I don't think I could afford the investment in
> time & money to go totally authentic.

The Rialto (to wit, the rec.org.sca Usenet newsgroup) has
had a discussion for some time about doing authenticity on a
budget and without a lot of time.  Cariadoc, for example,
notes that he can make hardened leather armor from scrap for
about the same amount of cost and time as plasic pickle
barrel armor.  Tangwystyl notes that she got her Laurel for
"stuff", where "stuff" was what she could afford time-wise
and money-wise as a student.  (E.g., grew flax, prepared the
fiber, and did lace.)  Cariadoc also says that a friend did
a Viking tent in a couple of hours with basic lumber and
canvax.

Daniel de Lincolia: is almost certainly a period Latin
rendition, and the cost was one (1) e-mail message and one
(1) hour turnaround -- once I had the basic idea
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.