ANST - What Does Pledging Allegiance Or Giving Oath Mean?

Alice Harris lg_photo at texas.net
Wed Feb 11 21:59:57 PST 1998

Greeting From Alina:

What exactly does pledging allegiance or giving oath mean? What does it mean
when a knight/laurel/pelican pledge their allegiance or oath to our kingdom
sovereign? What do they actually give to their majesty? What does their
majesty give in return? I see it all the time in courts, but don't understand
the point and/or purpose of it. Next, same question but different twist. Are
kingdom officer expected to give the same to their majesty, their allegiance
or oath? Is the same expected from local officers to give their majesty and to
their local BB (baron and baroness)?

It's been a sticky question I have been trying to figure out.

Questions and not sure of the answers,
Alina (Mitchell)
lg_photo at texas.net