ANST - Candlemas competition

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Thu Feb 12 08:16:41 PST 1998

chuck_graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> >I do know that Lu Jon (bad misspelling) will be elevated to the Order of
> >the Laurel at a future time and place to be named later.
>
> I wonder if anyone could offer a little more information on this gentle.
> I understand he may be another wayward member of my household.  Things
> like name, date of elevation, and residence?
>
> My sincerest thanks,
> Tadhg

Jin Liu Chang (spelling is suspect at best), of the Shire of the
Shadowlands.  Date of elevation not announced at Candlemas,
nor (to my knowledge) since.

Jokes were made regarding the elevation of a current member
of the Shadowlands to the peerage, and the requisite change
in what was apparantly kingdom law forbidding it.  Many
Shadowlanders have gone on to great things after leaving
the shire (Duchess Rowan is a prominent example), but I
know of no peers made there since Master Godfrey.

- Galen of Bristol