ANST - animals

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Thu Feb 12 13:58:02 PST 1998

> if a site is NO PET please make
> sure it is in the anouncement for the event, I get real mad when I take my
> animal to an event and get there after driving several hours to be informed
> that they are not allowed, when nowere in the anouncement was it ever
> mentioned NO pets.
> Simone

The problem with this is that many autocrats, especially those
working on large events, are concentrating on fitting all the
*required* elements into their event announcements.  If they don't
have pets themselves, they may not even think about the possibility
of people bringing pets to an event - much less remember to
mention it in the add.

I have lots of friends that have pets and they like to bring them to
events.  My solution is, if you want to bring your animal to an event
and the add doesn't mention anything about pets - pick up the phone
and call the autocrat listed in the BlackStar.  They will be able to
tell you whether or not your pet would be welcome.  They might even
be more amenable to making special arrangements for assistance
animals if given some time to make necessary arrangements in
advance.

This type of forethought and planning could really save the day,
especially if you are traveling long distances and can't just
run your animal back home.

 Kat
 Barony of Wiesenfeuer, Ansteorra
Lori Campbell
lcampbel at ossm.edu

"a good example has twice the value of good advice"