ANST - P-word lead-in

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 15:15:59 PST 1998

<< I agree. And after extensive research in both period naming conventions,
 and Ansteorran history, I think we should name the region 'Erikland'. >>

Thus speaks the egotistical peanut gallery. ;-)

Seriously, let's look at where we are:

1.  We are in an area that features the Edwards Plateau, the foothills below
it to the south, some flat land south of that and towards the coastline as
well.

Nothing clear from this information.

2.  The vegitation in this area ranges from scrub (mesquite trees) to tall
pines to grassland and farming lands.

Again, nothing clear.

3.  Draw lines between the major cities, and you get a triangle.

Make of this what you will.

4.  Ask yourself:  What identifies this geographical group the best?  Is it
fighting prowess?  Is it the art?  Is it something else?  What do you see?

I leave this to your own interpretation.

Any ideas?

Also, if it's true that we need to be bordered by another kingdom (although
debate seems to lean towards the other direction), we would want to include
the coastal region for two reasons:

1.  That way lies Meridies, and;

2.  We can truly say we have ports for a naval force.

Just some random thoughts off the top of my head,

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)