ANST - looking for a recipie or at least a name...

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Feb 17 11:14:02 PST 1998

Kateryn Heathrydge wrote:

> Many years ago I ran across this lovely drink.  It was a sugar syrup base
> with mint and vinegar.  I also remembre it was Mid-Eastern and had a name
> I never could pronounce.  Does anyone recognise this and could give me
> the  name or hints on how I could look this up?

You are talking about a Persian mint drink called something like Serkanjbaun.

This was only one of many suger syrup beverages from the Middle East. For
several versions of this recipe and other similar beverages, take a look at
this file in the BEVERAGES section of Stefan's Florilegium:

beverages-NA-msg  (72K)  8/ 4/97    Non-alcoholic beverages.

My files are available at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Duke Cariadoc's Miscellany is also available at Lindahl's site and it too,
has this recipe.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net