ANST - P-word

Keith Hood jemuga at freewwweb.com
Tue Feb 17 16:10:07 PST 1998

dssweet at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      I would just like to point out the fact that our kings & queens
> reign for six months, not one year (nine months if you count the "crown
> prince" stage). At least one kingdom (West) has a turn-over rate of 3
> kings/queens a year compared to the 2 of ours.

I admit I misremembered on the length of tenure.  Your statement proves
that the situation is even worse than I thought, and gives even more
credence to the value of increasing the tenure period.  As I said in my
first posting on this subject:

	"Anyone who has ever had a job that involves supervising others knows
good and well that a high personnel turnover rate is a guaranteed cause
of expense, friction and ineffeciency.  It works that way in the
military, at IBM, at McDonalds...anywhere you can think of.  Ease off
the turnover rate of royalty, and a lot of the problems that drive the
push toward principalities will solve themselves."

In the dozens of postings that have flown across the net on this subject
today, no one has yet tried to refute this point.

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

      --  Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers"  --
		     by Robert E. Howard, who should be
		       the patron saint of Ansteorra