ANST - P-words...in a nut-shell.

Michael Richardson mike0001 at gte.net
Tue Feb 17 22:12:31 PST 1998

Alan Boertjens wrote:

> I will address just one of Keith's comments:
>
> Keith Hood wrote:
> > I cannot see how you grow a group by splitting it in half.  I do not
> > understand how dividing the kingdom can help us retain members we have
> > now, and I cannot figure how dividing the kingdom will attract new
> > people to the SCA.
>
> I disagree with you wholeheartedly.
> There comes a time when splitting up a group is very healthy for the
> SCA as a whole...here's just one example:(snip for the sake of bandwidth)
I would also like to agree with Ld. Johan on this issue.
Using an economics principle, it's simply economies of
scale. At some point an organization gets too large, layers
of red tape and administration drag down profitability to
the point that each additional unit of production is an
actual decrease in profitability. The trick is to find the
top of the curve where size and production value are maximized.
Harder said than done. No idea if I agree with the idea of
splitting up the kingdom or not (I am very new to this) but
I did want to support Ld. Johan's point.
Respectfully,
Michael of Glaslyn (who needs a good SCA name still)
Barony of the Steppes
Ansteorra