ANST - P-word lead-in

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Feb 18 13:21:18 PST 1998

> I am for this because it will be an absolutely fun thing to do.  I like to
> make things.  The people around me like to make things.  We're good at it.
> We make cool things... things that make other folks go, "wow, did you see
> that cool thing those guys made?".
> I don't *care* if it will take a lot of work to do it cause I'd rather sweat
> and make something than not.
>
> To make this into another issue is to bend the spirit of the project... the
> motto of which should be:  "Because it was a fun thing to make!"  Im having
> a good time helping to think up a name.  Im having a good time thinking up
> potential arms.  Im having a good time thinking up cool ideas for
> principality events... this is fun!
>
> Dieterich

Thank you Ritter Dietrich,

I was pro-Principality the first time it came around and that was my primary
reason for wanting them. I would love to be on the creating side of the SCA.
By the time I started in Ansteorra, most of the ground rules had been laid
down, many of the traditions had begun, most of the decisions had been made.
I want to be in on the arguments, debates, discussions, and downright WORK
in creating something.

The arguments saying that forming a Principality would ease workload are
incorrect, it would be a whole honkin' snootful of work. But it would be the
work of creating! Of being in on something new! I'm a lazy cuss but I would
be willing to put up with it because I would feel like it mattered. Currently
the work I do feels like I'm just spinning wheels, maintaining old traditions.

Funny, it is doubtful that my region would become a Principality but I would
still enjoy watching something develop.

Yers,

Gunthar