ANST - P-word

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Feb 18 13:42:39 PST 1998

> There are
> others of the populace that wish for nothing but the tempering of our Kingdom,
> the wearing of the Sable Star at a War, good friends and companions after a
> long drive to an event, the solidarity of being a part of the most unique
> Kingdom, in my opinion, in the Known World...

Please forgive me for sounding rude, but...huh?
Why would this change if there were a Principality?

> Again, friend and neighbor, I am reading but few voices among the nigh on to
> 1,700 folk in the Kingdom... There are plenty of pro-one-Kingdom voices... They
> just don't have access to these proceedings...

Don't you feel the members of this list are a cross-section of Ansteorra?
We have people on here from every point of the Kingdom. We have old-timers
and new members. We have rank from brand-new to worn-out old Dukes. I agree
that we are only hearing from people on this list but I doubt that being
pro-Principality was a requirement for membership.

> "...so many people..."? Where are your hundreds of voices on this list? Your
> petitions at the local level? In my corner of the Southern Region the thought
> is 80% against P vs. 20% for P...

A good point. But I feel that one advantage of this forum is that points and
counterpoints can be made, digested, and discussed. As an example, when I heard
the "P-word" brought up for the Central Region I was rip roaring ready to go
shred their arguments. But after joining the Central list and engaging in the
arguments I found many of my objections refuted and changed my opinion.

How many of the 80% con are basicall knee-jerk reaction to "Hey, do you think
we should split off and become a Principality?"? I must admit that when asked
that way, my immediate response would be to the negative as well.

> Group solidarity is natural... Folks that train together develop pride in their
> unit... Note that most units still retain the Ansteorran Star at the primary
> charge on their unit tabbards...

And I thrill to seeing the Ansteorran army arrayed on the battlefield as if the
sun itself opposes the enemy. Just because I'm pro-Principality does not mean I'm
"Anti-Ansteorra".

> At you service Brother...

And yours.

> Sir Kief av Kiersted, OP, Baron Raven's Fort (ret.)

Gunthar