ANST - P-issue/Reality Check

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Wed Feb 18 15:11:52 PST 1998

stddly at SHSU.edu wrote:

> Lorraine here
>
> Ya'll sweet talked your way into a debate and already it is
> becoming heated and ridiculous.
>
> Reality is that before we think about the P word we need to
> make sure all our "ducks" are in a row administratively...
>
> You guys may be blessed with entirely competent officers in the
> groups you reside in but, ya ain't living in the rest of the
> world. Just ask any Kingdom officer about how much of the
> offisorial (sp) population reports on time and with the correct
> information (DAMNED LITTLE).
>
> Not all officers are bad, but people resist "training" for
> offices ("I've been in the SCA for X many year and I know...
> oop I didn't realilze the beer parties were not supposed to
> be paid with group funds" or "it's an easy job... I can
> figure out the heraldic forms")
>
> Just cause ya'll want a new title to shoot for or armoury
> to design don't over do it.
>
> ex

I have seen and wrote a great deal over this issue in the last couple of
days. I have seen point and counterpoint. For and against. What I have
yet to see is for somebody to actually list pro's and con's for this
matter. I bet you will find alot of interesting things come up when this
is done. Any takers? It would probably be better if one would do pro and
the other con.

Richard Fairbourne

Richard Fairbourne