ANST - P-words...in a nut-shell.

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 18 18:43:51 PST 1998

Good Sir Kief shares:
>Again I state, principalities are not in my vocabulary... Sure does sound
>irrational doesn't it...? Ansteorra is my home, maybe more so that any "home"
>I've ever known... I don't want to live in one part of a "broken home"...

If a principality grows in the midst or along a border of Ansteorra, there
will have been no "breaking" that will have happened. Ansteorra will not
become a "broken home," it will become an *enhanced home* cradling a new
entity, a new, cohesive incarnation of some of Ansteorra's wonderful
aspects, an extended family, if you will. There's a lot of energy and a lot
of love to go around here in this kingdom. I think that some folks are just
wanting to express that love and energy at a new level.

>I still believe that if one lives in the principality of "X" then they owe
>their loyalty to the principality...first...to the Kingdom...second.

I don't think anyone is going to come anywhere close to knowing whose home
they're in. Loyalty is always owed to the parent kingdom first and
foremost; that doesn't change. A principality can offer its populace
opportunities for growth (of the personal, artistic, leadership, etc, kind)
and regionally customized kind that can add greatly to the glory of the
kingdom as a whole. A principality or two wouldn't detract from Kingdom; if
anything, that kind of activity and development would only serve to add to
our diversity and uniqueness and strength as a kingdom. I really believe
these things because I've seen them happen elsewhere. I truly believe that
if Ansteorrans take it upon themselves to build the structure for
principality play, it will be done with the same Ansteorran energy and
strength that cannot be denied our populace. I think it would be a glorious
thing to behold.

your sister and kin
Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell