ANST - Principalities

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Feb 19 09:14:02 PST 1998

> As for the growth issue... I don't have current statistics on
> membership numbers, but I can't believe that there aren't more people
> attending SCA events now than there were 12 years ago. It sure seems
> like there are a lot more cars in the parkinglots... a lot more
> pavillions around the list fields, a lot more people vying for feast
> tickets...
>
> Gunhilda, Baroness etc.
> Shire of Mooneschadowe

Good point, Your Excellancy, and something that kept nagging me when I
heard all of those "the kingdom is shrinking" comments.

I don't have numbers in front of me but I do know the feasts I've cooked
over the years.

My first feast was for Namron's 10th Protectorate. It was for, IIRC, 200
people. Last year I did Mahdi's Coronation and served nearly 500. 12th Night
had 500 people. I helped with Sutan's Coronation and we served 350. Steppes
Warlord expects over 600 on an average.

Did these type events have this many or more people 10 years ago? Although
we are losing smaller groups, I can't see how we are shrinking.

Yers,

Gunthar