ANST - Principality questions

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Feb 19 12:17:48 PST 1998

> The Prince and Princess represent the Principality.  The peers of a
> Principality serve that Principality.  Their Highnesses should seek the
> counsel of the peers and the peers should seek the ear of Their Highnesses.
> In that manner, nobility and royalty can stand united to represent their
> Principality in the view of the Kingdom.
>
> Bear

Wonderfully said, Bear, and you did it before I had the chance. I must
give one quibble. The line saying "The peers of a Prnicipality serve that
Principality."  Let's change that to say "The Peers of a Principality serve
the Principality as well as the Kingdom." Too many in the discussion consider
that a Principality somehow separates everyone from the rest of the Kingdom.
Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly.

But I would appreciate Lyonel, Aquillane, or Viscount Galen to offer thier
views on living in a Principality and to inform us of people's opinions within
a Principality. There has been discussion on "what if" and "would I?" but I
think we would all appreciate some real life examples are.

Thanks,

Gunthar