ANST - Principality Arms Discussion

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Feb 19 13:51:14 PST 1998

CC'ed to the southern regional list where people might want to hear this.

clward at mmm.com said something that sounded like:
> On a sable field with a seme' of stars, a seated lion, crowned, facing out
> towards the observer, holding a sun, with the stars, lion, crown, and sun all
> Or .  Do the obligatory laurel  wreath around the edges of the shield like a
> border, and make it gold, too.

Okay, I'm not a herald, but what I've got to say is:

Blech!

This is way too busy. Too many things on it that blend together. As a
herald friend of mine told me, keep it simple. I like the simplicity of
color, but think that it should be reduced down. If you mean the Crown
should be on top of the shield (which I believe is legal), that reduces
it by one item.

Basically it would look like a gold and black mess from a distance. The
sun would disappear into the lion, the crown would blend in to the lion's
mane, the seme adds to the blending.

If you want some of these items, and I don't know if it's been used, try:

Sable, a lion holding a star Or.

I believe the default posture for a lion is rampant.

Seems to simple to not have been used, but then again, so did my current
arms at the time:

Quarterly Or and Argent, a Chalice Gules.

Ciao,