ANST - Principality petitions/seccession war

HseTrinity at aol.com HseTrinity at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 21:33:34 PST 1998

<< fashion--trial by combat.  Hold the Ansteorran Secession War.  Pick a
 >time far enough in the future that people can get ready, get a site
 more
 >or less in the middle to equalize travel requirements, have the
 >adherents both pro and con armor up on opposite sides of the field, and
 >let God defend the right.  Like with campaign funds in Presidential
 >elections, open the coffers to help defray fighters' travel expenses.
 >Forbid mercenaries--this is nobody else's business.

 That sounded like the coolest idea I'd heard in a long time. Ritter
 Dieterich's response reined in my enthusiasm a bit:

 >NO WAY!!! I don't even want the word 'secession' to come from my lips!
 I'm
 >an Ansteorran and I, for one, can't see a time when I'd ever even
 consider
 >wanting to say that word to my king.  *ick*  *bleck*  *ptoooie*  I may
 be a
 >loudmouth advocate for more authenticity but doing it that way gets
 waaaay
 >to close to treason for Ritter Dieterich the 15th c. knight who is in
 fealty
 >to his king.

My question is why would there be a need for a seccession war at all the
Principality would not be suceding from the kingdom it would still be a part
of it.   How can you sucede from yourself?
The new prince would still be a vassle of the crown.  The people in the new
Principality would still be Ansterorians as much as those living in Gaskiny
are French.
I do not understand what the hang up is on this point.  Ansteorra is a great
kingdom with far reaching boarders.  A Prince would help the King by over
seeing his land, the Kings lands,   All of us together, all Ansteorrians
living together protecting the kingdom.  Some of us would just live in the
Principality of Spam.

Ld. Philippe L'Heureux