ANST - P-word

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Thu Feb 19 12:32:46 PST 1998

PKieferjr at aol.com wrote:

> I think it's more than that, if this is the case.  Last time this debate
> occurred, the question was proposed from up top, which was garanteed to
> attract resistance.
>
> However, if the current situation is true, then we have a case of a "grass-
> roots" situation, which is always a good thing to have when putting together
> an idea.  If the people believe that the idea is their own, then support has a
> chance to gel.
>
> (Lord Johann) Paul

The most *recent* time this came up it was from the top.  Before that there were
grumblings of principalities that got squashed.  I agree that any change of this
sort has to come from the people in the area.  Edicts from on high just trigger
the Ansteorran "you can't tell *US* what to do" response.

--Perronnelle