ANST - Principality Arms Discussion

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 20 13:26:38 PST 1998

our beloved Kief ponders:
>How about: "Sable, a lion's head crowned erased and affronte', within a
laurel
>wreath, and on a chief embattled Or, two mullets of 5 greater and five lesser
>points sable."

Oooh, a lion's head crowned and erased--I like that! Very bold, lots of
opportunities for cool artistic license and interpretation (artist talking
here). I'm not sure I like the idea of a cheif, though. Seems to me the
overall design would be way more impressive without a chief, and I still
really, really like the idea of the laurel wreath issuing from a star at
base.  So with those modifications, it would be something like: "Sable, a
lion's head crowned erased and affronte', within a laurel wreath issuant
from a mullet of 5 greater and 5 lesser points in base Or." (Did I get the
heraldese close there?)

OOOOOHH!! OOOOOHH!!!! And it could be langued and orbed purpure!!!!! Yes
yes yes yes yes!!!!!

Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell
denouncer of Tytyvylus & warrior crone