ANST - King's College

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Sun Feb 22 14:31:39 PST 1998

Galen W. Bevel wrote:

> King's College will be held in the Barony of Loch Soilleir on June 20.
>
> The site for classes is the University of Houston at Clear Lake. The
> evening feast will be at a nearby church with plenty of room for
> dancing.  Baron Leofric will be preparing the feast. Yum.  The closest
> airport is Houston Hobby.  I will post a list of hotels soon.
>
> Now, here's where we need help:  In order to get the event announcment
> to the Blackstar on time, I need to start lining up classes RIGHT NOW.
> So, if you are interested in teaching, please e-mail me with your topic
> (real soon), how much time you will need (really soon), and if there are
> any special space requirements (really, really soon).  The sooner I have
> this information, the sooner I will post the class schedule.  Did I
> mention that you should contact me soon?  Also, if you want to request a
> class, please e-mail me very soon so that I can look for teachers.
>
> Thank you for your help and support.  I'm really looking forward to
> working with all of you soon.
>
> Soon-cerely,
> Grafin Rebekah
>
> galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Unto her excellency Grafin Rebekah doth H.L. Richard Fairbourne send
greetings. I have four classes I would be interested in teaching. I
would be willing to teach at least one or all four if nessecary. I have
listed these in my order of preference. Please email me when a decision
is made. I will need some notice as soon as possible if you want the six
board box class. Thank you!
awaiting to teach
H.L. Richard Fairbourne

HOW TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL THEME EVENT. Items covered will be how to come
up with the idea in the first place. PLanning the event, props and
roleplay to enahAnce the event and the fun and how to advertise this
event to rest of the kingdom. 1 HOUR

HOW TO EFFECTIVELY ADVERTISE YOUR DEMO TO THE NON SCA! Topics covered
will be common myths that do not work. Things that are simple and do
work and are cost effective. Also how to keep your group name easily
found by others looking for the sca. 1 HOUR

ADVANCED OPUS ANGLICANUM EMBROIDERY Topics covered will be the style of
the time period, period materials, modern substitutes. Also hands on
instruction of this type of embroidery. Materials, thread, and needles
will be included. There will be a small materials fee for the class.
$2.00 TIME 1 HOUR

BASIC SIX BOARD BOX CONSTRUCTION Topics included will be period
construction techniques, materials amd tools used. There will be a
materials cost. I will have to know before the event how many precut
boxes to buy and shape. THe most boxes I ccould afford would be 5 or 6.
I will need electric outlets and powertools will be used for speed.
2 hours.