ANST - Re: BG - courtesy / crown, etc.-long

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Feb 2 03:53:27 PST 1998

Nan Bradford-Reid wrote:

> Something Sir Conor pointed out while we were discussing this at home (he
> might have posted it himself, sorry if this is redundant) is that the
> Knights are *not* protecting the thrones, they are protecting the CROWN
> (and, as such, the knight *should not* have had the Crown slung over his
> arm...then or at any other time.)
>
> Catherine

I assume what you mean by CROWN is the actual metal coronet. Most of
our Royality are a bit big to sling over an arm. :-)

I do agree here. From pictures that I have seen of Euopean coronets,
probably out of period, they seem to be displayed on velvet cushions
and such. Do we have such items for the Ansteorran coronets? Perhaps
then the Chivalry can stand in a circle around the cushion with the
coronet or one can hold the cushion upon which the coronet lies.

Researching and making these cushions might be an interesting project
for an embroidery/sewing type person.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad