ANST - Millennial Madness (was Re: Calendars)

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Thu Feb 5 11:39:10 PST 1998

Karl von Oslo wrote:

> And, not all things start at zero (as our calendar).  Babylonians
> would
> count the "ascension year" of a new king as their first reignal year,
> where other cultures started counting the first year of reign after a
> year had passed.
>
> So, if Ulf was Babylonian, he'd never get past year 1 in the SCA, not
> 0.

I HEARD THAT!  Babylonian, huh!  ... well, I do have the beard for it...

So my question is: what do y'all know about the Millennial Madness of
1000 A.D.?  Are we facing similar upheavals over the next fifty years?

Ulf Gunnarsson
*---These are my opinions only, and not the opinions of my employers,
*---spouse, or family doctor.  So there.  Contents may settle during
*---shipping.  Send spelling complaints to ulf at urocor.com