ANST - Witness to Legend-making

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:38:46 PST 1998

Gunnora relates an historical incident from the Current Middle Ages:

---clward at mmm.com wrote:
> (Actually that reminds me of an incident a couple of years back
> when Mistress Reginleif ewas still apprenticed to Mistress
> Siobhan.  Siobhan coveted some particularly nice item that
> Reginleif had either made or had won for an A&S competition,
> and so Siobhan announced "Apprentice Tax!" to which Reginleif,
> with her hand resting on her knife replied, evil gleam in her
> eyes, "Apprentice Revolt!" The tax was not collected.)

I was there, or at least near enough to observe.

I saw the aforementioned gleam of the apprentice's eye.

Only someone far denser than myself would have mistaken that gleam
for something benign. (And, no, I didn't have to see the hand on the
hilt, either!)

'Twas a marvelous bit of by-play. And, not recalling just what the
item was that brought on such contention (my cheese-for-brain
memory, drat it all!), I *do* recall that others beside Siobhan
fitzLloyd might have considered ways to separate the then-apprentice
from her new prize...

===
Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com