ANST - WEDDING TRADITIONS involving a spoon and several cultures?

Shane B. shaneb at icubed.net
Tue Feb 24 21:24:10 PST 1998

Greetings Gentles!

   Please accept my apologies for any bandwidth infringement but I have
a research question for you...

The Seneschal of my local barony is betrothed to a lovely Lady and they
are wanting to do a period(SCA/Medieval) wedding before this year is
out.  I have been approached by them because they do not have internet
access yet to ask the "Knowne Worlde about a certain wedding
tradition(s) or custom(s) involving a "spoon".  I personally am not
readily familiar with this other than by hearsay.  I am told that a
'spoon' figures most quite often in more than one culture and the
following peoples were mentioned to me as possibilities for searching.
Scotts, Welsh, Viking(Norse) and Germanic.

I really am lost on this one and any help would be greatly appreciated
and of course any copyrighted material will be given both legal and
honorable mention and respect!

Respectfully

Alastair
Wyvernwood, Trimaris