[Ansteorra] gas prices too high...sorry had to share this

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 11:57:18 PDT 2006

--- ansteorra-request at ansteorra.org wrote:
Gas prices too high - When I was younger, gas was cheeper, but I had less available income.  Now
older and a bit more income, I can afford the gas for now, but would rather be smarter about my
consumption of it:
- Plan consolidation of trips so shopping requires less travel in different directions.
- Company will hopefully start letting more folks work from home, to conserve (doubt it will
happen right now, but in a future state).
- Coordinate more carpooling with other SCA'ers for trips to populace, guilds and events - takes
more planning but it's doable.
- My car will need replacing soon - look at alternate options, like hybrids, maybe get alternate
transport/carpool for commute to work.

Michael mentioned European difference, and much of the mass transit in Europe was newly built
after WWII, but this county had not upgraded that recently, and sadly we don't have near enough
mass transit; I'm a huge supporter of rail for suburb to city commutes, but we are way behind in
building it.

Also, we have to much wind on the coast, don't know why there are not more wind-turbines here, saw
some lovely turbine farms up in the Big Springs area in the West, at Kingdom A&S.  Maybe will
install solar collectors on roof of house to cut costs, and look at more insulation in house.

Cheers, Hillary