[Ansteorra] Principality?

KEYNA keyna at hot.rr.com
Mon Apr 24 20:55:24 PDT 2006

Oh no not this again!!!!
Keyna

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-bounces+keyna=hot.rr.com at ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-bounces+keyna=hot.rr.com at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Zakes
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:52 PM
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.
Subject: RE: [Ansteorra] Principality?

At 05:19 PM 4/23/2006, you wrote:
>Congratulations,
>         I was wondering when this salamander would crawl from under the
>log again.   I have been living this dream for nearly a decade and a
>half and I say to this idea it is about time.   We are a ponderously
>large kingdom which a tremendous amount of constraints on the crowns and
>their "Keepers."   I can just imagine any number of good folk not
>contemplating a try for crown seeing the vastness of our kingdom.

Actually, as SCA kingdoms go, we're only  middle-sized.

Lochac includes *all* of Australia (an area about the size of the lower 48
states of the U.S.) plus New Zealand, with most of the SCA groups scattered
around the edge of the continent. Imagine living in Los Angeles with the
next nearest group in central Texas, or in southern Florida and having to
*fly* across the Gulf of Mexico to get to Gulf War.

The West Kingdom stretches from California to Alaska to Japan.

Drachenwald includes all of Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

Even the kingdoms in North America can be pretty big. The East Kingdom and
An Tir extend up to the northern edge of Canada, for example and even
places like the Midrealm or Calontir are about the same size as Ansteorra.

         -Tivar Moondragon
                 Ansteorra