[Ansteorra] Principality?

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:54:34 PDT 2006

Good points....

Faelan

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-bounces+faelancaimbeul=gmail.com at ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-bounces+faelancaimbeul=gmail.com at ansteorra.org] On Behalf
Of Chris Zakes
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:02 PM
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Principality?

At 05:26 PM 4/23/2006, you wrote:

>Yes, I understand that it's political and not physical... but eventually,
>a Principality would want to become a Kingdom in it's own right. I'm
>looking at the long-term effects, and that would be a Principality turning
>into a Kingdom. And I for one am not in favor of it. Or any course of
>action that would result in splitting the Kingdom in two... and what
>purpose is there in becoming a Principality, if not to eventually become a
>Kingdom, hmm?

I don't know. Ask the folks in Cynagua or The Mists (both principalities of
the West Kingdom that have been around for twenty years or more.)

On the other paw, if region X of Ansteorra forms a strong enough group
identity to become a principality, then expands that group identity to
become a kingdom, who are we to say they shouldn't? Are you trying to say
that, for example, Loch Sollier should have stayed part of Stargate, or
that Elfsea should have stayed part of the Steppes?

         -Tivar Moondragon