[Ansteorra] Bringing up baby in the SCA was RE: ... and a subject change...

Kingdom Webminister vscribe at ansteorra.org
Thu Apr 27 08:21:45 PDT 2006

I learned the hard way that I could not volunteer my time and
bring the kids even WITH help such as a sitter for the kids.
All I could do was run back and forth every 3 hours to make
sure they were ok. When they were old enough to go to
children's activities one of mine walked away from the group
unnoticed and was found by security then brought to me. I just
about died. But he was unharmed, just really upset that he
could not find mommy.

I agree with Aethelyan and Emma, you gotta pack completely
different! But you know that part already. :)

One of my worst SCA memories was like my second or third event
where we found a child screaming his head off. He was sitting
in a pile of those big red ants and his dad was not far away
yelling at anyone that came near the child. It was horrible.

One of my best memories was having a group mommy tea where we
all just sat with our babies and talked about everything baby
that was driving our 'not married, not with child friends' mad.
:)

The biggest tip that I can think of is to be mindful of the
weather. Know way ahead of time what the conditions are going
to be. If you are going to be cold, they are going to be
colder, if you are going to be hot, they are going to hitting
heat exhaustion. For the heat since that is just around the
corner, do the traditional South Texas air conditioner trick
... bowl of ice with a fan behind it. :)

You can purchase solar panels from Harbor Freight now for
anywhere from 10 for a phone charger to 200 for one that will
run an air conditioner.

Hope that helps. And btw, you have pretty babies! :)

Chiara

HL Chiara
Kingdom Webminister, Ansteorra