[Ansteorra] Re: the dreaded P word, again

HerrDetlef at aol.com HerrDetlef at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 11:15:32 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/28/2006 7:48:42 AM Central Standard Time,
morganbuchanan at hotmail.com writes:
I can deffinately see how a princepality helps serve the kingdom better,
because it provides a larger royal presence so theoretically more royalty
gets to more events, and therefore the populace sees royalty at a greater
number of events.
Something I just thought of.  A few kingdoms (the East comes to mind) have
their crown tourneys immediately on the heels of Coronation, so that the crown
prince and crown princess are more of a part of a team of four than royalty in
training.  Royalty can be represented at as many as four events that way.
When we Ansteorrans moved our crown tourneys further up, I actually thought that
this was what was going to be happening.  Heirs named right upon succession
would also provide "a larger royal presence so theoretically more royalty gets
to more events" in a way similar to creating territorial princes and princesses.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm neither for nor against the idea of principalities
forming in Ansteorra.  It certainly would give pageantry a shot in the arm if
we had the humanpower to support it.  On the other hand, as long as the
discussion remains emotionally charged, we do have to ask ourselves if we are really
ready.  It's more likely a question of "when" than "if". The time will come
when we can discuss the issue logically and rationally, rather than emotionally.

Peace, y'all!
Detlef

GO ASTROS!!!
2005 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!