[Ansteorra] Recruiting demo ideas

Ronda Roberts rivyn at msn.com
Fri Apr 28 12:02:32 PDT 2006

At the risk of being ridiculed.....I wanted to bring up an idea that I think
was actually shown on the Merry Rose list once, not certain because it has
been so long....I just thought that it was so neat or nifty.....

Somewhere in California an SCA group was having a fighter practice and
someone had mistakenly reported it as a riot.  Police showed up in full riot
gear and when they found out what was really going on, they stuck around and
had a little fun as well.  From what I remember the police were good at
holding their ground and didn't give an inch.  :-)

If you think about it, the police/law enforcement has an honor code just as
we do.  It would be possible to do something like this I am thinking and
would be good publicity for not just us but for them and the city of Austin
as well.

::ducks out and gets ready for rotten fruit and veggies to be thrown at
her::

In Service to the Dream,
Muriel filia Donaldi de Skia
Barony of Bryn-Gwlad
Fledgling of House FalconRose
Ambassador to Atlantia
Member of Academy of St. Gabriel

If you fear nothing, you love nothing; and without love, what is there to
live for?

----  Sean Connery as King Arthur in 'First Knight'