[Ansteorra] The real problem . . . Population-S

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 12:50:27 PDT 2006

What many groups have found is that doing demos for schools does not gain them members. Sometimes it does gain them one or two teachers.

Even if the kids are incredibly enthused their parents are the ones who have to bring them. They seldom get involved.

Also, most of our members have day jobs and very few of them can take off enough to do the demos. What you often end up with is a few very knowledgeable people and a lot of very helpful people who either aren't very knowledgeable or don't understand how to present the SCA to the public.

It does earn us Karma Points...but doesn't give us "bang for the buck"...

It often is not a wise use of our resources...

What we need is maximum exposure to the most Adults who would be interested (history geeks, gamers, etc) with the amount of resources we can muster.

LDeerslayer

Ronda Roberts <rivyn at msn.com> wrote: Another idea would be to get together with the schools in the area like
elementary and high schools.  I bet when they get to the medieval or
renaissance era that they would love to have some 'live props'!

In Service to the Dream,
Muriel filia Donaldi de Skia
Barony of Bryn-Gwlad
Fledgling of House FalconRose
Ambassador to Atlantia
Member of Academy of St. Gabriel

If you fear nothing, you love nothing; and without love, what is there to
live for?

----  Sean Connery as King Arthur in 'First Knight'