[Ansteorra] The real problem . . . Officers

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 13:02:21 PDT 2006

Part of the problem is that people do the SCA for themselves...and see it as a game or see it as a cut and dried responsibility when they take a job.

To grow officers from their own ranks...the Administration (officers and nobles) and the Elders...need to think of things differently. To grow officers is like growing responsible children. You just can't hand a child a chore and expect them to know how to do it...or where and how you like things done and put afterward.

The Admin and Elders need to work together to figureout how to break down large jobs into little jobs, get people with little or no experience to do them, and guide them. This will build up the person's trust in themselves to do something in an organizational role....and it will build up the organization's trust in them.

It's a long drawn out process...and not everyone is cut out to do some jobs...and some people are not cut out to guide...but it is the most effective way to grow people who can take responsibility within a group...with as little conflict and clash as possible....and being the SCA...we need as little drama as possible since we seem to inheritly have it....

LDeerSlayer

Ronda Roberts <rivyn at msn.com> wrote: The only problem I have is the knowledge of how to go about becoming one.
The last time I had tried to do that in my former kingdom I was
unfortunately told I was not good enough.

In Service to the Dream,
Muriel filia Donaldi de Skia
Barony of Bryn-Gwlad
Fledgling of House FalconRose