[Ansteorra] The real problem . . . Officers

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya zubeydah at northkeep.org
Fri Apr 28 15:32:10 PDT 2006

Faelan asked, "Why do we have a problem finding officers?"

I have served as a Baronial deputy until such time as circumstances forced
me to resign. I have served a full 2 years as a Regional officer (northern
regional WB.) and absolutely loved the job.  Was very tempted to put my name
in again, but I had a very skilled deputy who wanted the experience.   I
have been invited to serve as a Kingdom officer, but had to decline. I would
have *loved* to take the Kingdom office -- it was actually my  'dream
job'... but Kingdom offices require travel -- at the very least, to 4 red
tape events per 2 year warrant -- and more than that, to have face time with
the regional officers and local folks. Unfortunately, I *cannot* travel
outside a 2-3 hour radius from my home, due to personal circumstances.

I'd love to serve on that level, but simply can't, due to travel
restrictions.  I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason others don't
try for Kingdom offices as well.

-Zubeydah