[Ansteorra] The real problem . . . Population-S

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 17:43:38 PDT 2006

Very well said, My Lady!

  Colin
  (still trapped in the Outlands, but escaping on Monday!)

    (Massive Sniping)

  When a school demo is done yes there will not be an immediate return. But it
is a long term investment. You are there to plant that interest to spark
their imagination. To give them the idea that there higher standards and they
to can see others have them. That weaving and illumination is really neat and
interesting. Those children will grow. And in ten to fifteen years down the
road they my run across another SCA demo and because that prior knowledge as
been planted and allowed to grow you will get better results then.

Even if they never join the SCA you will have had an impact on that child's
life.

So to go and do a School Demo in my opinion is a very noble activity. And
just as important an activity as other types of demos and should not be put by
the wayside in favor of other types of demos. We are an educational
organization.

Remember the children are our future weather they are in the SCA or not.

Lady Maili Donnel MacGregor