[Ansteorra] This is the Last Time

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Tue Apr 4 07:58:00 PDT 2006

This is the last time I'm going to remind you:  Cracked Anvil is this coming weekend in Smythkepe. We've been working hard (no, NOT "hardly working") to bring you yet another memorable time along the tri-Kingdom border.

As always, we will offer a wide variety of classes :

-  You have a name and device, Now What?

-  Herbal beliefs and superstitions during the Middle Ages.

-  Introduction to cross stitch

-  Introduction to Simples (that's herbal simples, not simple people)

-  Autocratting a Kingdom Level Event

-  Introduction to Subtleties

-  Beginning Tablet Weaving

- What your personna would know about Islam

- Introduction to 13th Century calligraphy and illumination

- Introduction to Nine Man Morris

- How to dish your helm

- Introduction to Spoon making

There's also an assortment of A&S activities (Best Original Illumination of a Kingdom Scroll,  General Catagory A&S, Brewing contest for the best Ale, Cordial or Mead) plus the Smythkepe Herb Guild's  "Anything Grows" competition.

For those in the mood for fighting, we offer the Swiss Five Tourney for Heavy Weapon Fighters as well as the Smythkepe Defender Tourney and The Wheel of Death Tourney for the Rapier Fighters.

And let's not forget the premiere of the Smythkepe Triathlon... a challenging variation on the traditional Loot Tourney.

Of course, after a day of fun and frolic you'll want to sit and enjoy the feast (featuring beef meatballs in cheese sauce, Herbed Boules, Pâtisserie de Crème and other wonderful tasty offerings).

And where else but Smythkepe do you get Revel Classes (Tigger Heraldry, anyone?) and Plague Frog (Mourner's Guild not included)?

Yes, of course there will be merchants (Lady  Alina's Willow, Three Kingdoms Jewelry, All the Trimmings, Old World Merchants and possibly more).

Imagine! All this and more for only $12 (including feast). Children are a mere $6 with feast! Feast space is limited to 100 people, and limited number of spaces are still available. If you skip feast it's only $6 for Adults and $3 for Children (but remember: "Mickey D's" is 5 miles away. If you go the Sub Way, that's also 5 miles).

Lunch will be a special fundraiser sponsored by House Golden Panther consisting of chicken winglets, beef meatballs, mini-pasties, pickle, olives, bread, fruits, drink and salad bar. Price per person will be a paltry $3 with all proceeds benefitting Lady Ceara Ynseyder Kiaull.

ALSO: Operation Alms will be collecting donations of bottled water and non-perishable food items to be donated to the Salvation Army. Donations may be left at Information Point.

So... wondering where to go?

Site is the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Ozark, Arkansas:

Take your best route to I-40 in Arkansas and follow it to exit 35 (Arkansas 23 Ozark/Huntsville)

Turn South on AR 23 and go 2 Miles to US Highway 64 (West Commercial St)

Turn Right (West) on US 64 and go approx 1 mile to North 29th St

Turn Right (North) on 29th St and follow signs to site

Site opens 7am Saturday April 8 and closes at 10pm. Limited on-site crash space is available Saturday evening, but please let us know in advance.

A list of nearby hotels can be found on our website: http://www.smythkepe.org/cracked/motels.htm .

General event info can be found here: http://www.smythkepe.org/cracked.htm .

So what are you waiting for (I'm waiting for Saturday) ? Plan now to attend! If you don't, then all the more food for me ;)

So won't you please join us?