[Ansteorra] Gas Costs and Eventing

John Yates valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 04:01:25 PDT 2006

Greetings!

   I travel a lot for work, and our gas mileage hasn't
gone up from the 25 cents a mile we were getting when
gas was under a dollar a gallon.

   When it comes to SCA travel, unless gas goes up
while I'm typing this, it would now cost me about $30
in gas just to make a pop meeting (over 100 miles each
way, @ about 20 mpg.) SCA-wise, I live in the
boondocks. :)

   I'm still expecting to be working for the next few
weekends, but gas costs are definitely a part of my
thinking about which events I may attend.

   Last year, when this subject came up, there was
talk that this would cause an emphasis on more
internal offerings each local group has for its'
members.

   Did these changes happen? Are local groups doing
any more, regarding extra opportunities for play
internally to a group, than they were last year?

Val