[Ansteorra] Stargate Baronial Thank Yous

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 17:43:07 PDT 2006

Greetings all

We thank the following people for making Stargate Baronial the wonderful
event it turned out to be.

We thank Baron Armand Dragonetti, Baroness Ameline duBois and the fine
people of Elfsea for permitting us to move our event from Easter weekend and
be scheduled opposite Springfaire.  It was very generous to allow us to
share their weekend.  We admit to being more than a little concerned when we
learned that not only would TRMs be attending Springfaire but also that
there would be Laurel and White Scarf circles as well.  Though our turnout
was somewhat smaller than it might otherwise have been, a great time was had
by all.  We would have loved to have been with our good friends in Elfsea as
I'm sure they would have liked to have been with us.  We trust Springfaire
was as much fun and successful as Baronial.

We thank Mistress Annes Clothide von Bomburg, Event Steward, and her Deputy
Lady Lady Elizabeta Maria de Medici.  They assembled a truly stellar group
of coordinators: head cook HL Gerald of Leesville; Gate, Lady Maureen
Faulkner; decorations Lady Ciarnet;  set-up and take-down HE Sir Godwin of
Edington; site/feast tokens & high table servers HL Caitlin nan Cnoc
Airgead; heavy lists marshalls Lord Tora no Ansteorra; field heralds Lord
Engenulf de Vienville; as well as list mistresses HE Mistress Neassa the
Obstreporus & Lady Rachel no Ansteorra; chirurgeon Lady Annalies Pherdhirt;
thrown weapons and Saturday evening Bardic Circle HL Alden Drake; A&S
display HLs Caitlin bean Gheralt & Clara von Ulm, prizes Lady Christyana
Lambrecht; prize artisan Centurian Mu of Samarkand; lunch Lady Cecilie die
Artztin, announcements Lady Merewyn de Laugharne; children's activities HL
Fedelm ni Uidhir;  games Master Francois la Flamme and Sir Rhodri ap
Gwythyr.  Sadly, our herald Deitrich von Strobelhart, server coordinator HE
Gwen and waterbearer Joan Briggs all got sick.  Our special thanks to Lord
Brian o'hUilliam and Lady Annalies for jumping into the fray on such short
notice.

We thank our outgoing champions who assured not only that they were
succeeded by the best on that day, but also provided for their participants
all the rounds a competitor could probably want: Centurian Ysfael Bryndu
(Chivalric), Don Alessandro Andretti (Rapier), Lord Leofwine of Somerset
(Archery) and Lady Christyana Lambrecht (Equestrian).  We thank as well,
those who sponsored the youth and children's competitions.

And most of all, we thank everyone who came out to make our first
anniversary a very, very special day.

Grace & peace,
ihon & isabeau
Baron & Baroness of Stargate

p.s.  to anyone we overlooked naming, thank you!