[Ansteorra] The real problem . . . Population

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 10:00:58 PDT 2006

To continue the previous subject . . .

Does anyone have any ideas for recruiting?

I've been checking around for Renfairs in the state, and there are at least
a dozen. Why don't we have groups out there recruiting? Obviously those
people are interested in the middle ages, they're going to fair aren't they?
Constance is working with the SMU Medieval Studies club and trying to get
people from there. The school has a degree program in Medieval Studies. Why
aren't they ALL members? I don't think you can get more interested people
than those that have plan to devote their careers to the study of medieval
history.

In Caid, when each of the Lord of the Rings movies came out they put groups
in many theaters, in garb, to spread the word. It worked out well too. We
should be doing that whenever a medieval movie comes out. Who knows, the
theater manager might even be nice enough to give us free tickets and
munchies like they did for LOTR. :-)

Are there Octoberfest celebrations around  here? What other festivals could
we benefit from?

Vicar Miguel had the idea of forming dedicated "demo parties" that would
have a wealth of information available to them, good quality garb, and much
information to share that could go to different events, set up a table, and
recruit. I think this is a great idea and all Baronies should consider it.
I'm sure the Hospitaliers would appreciate the help.

Just food for thought,
Faelan