[Ansteorra] To the Artisans of Ansteorra, our unsung heroes: Vivat!

sdirocco sdirocco at suddenlink.net
Tue Mar 18 15:26:53 PDT 2014

I’d like us all to take a moment to acknowledge the artisans of Ansteorra.

No, they don’t all take to the field to defend our Kingdom at Gulf
Wars...Maybe they don’t make the most noise to promote themselves and their
art...However, they do come out and take a beating just like everyone else,
perhaps more so, because feedback from Laurel’s of other Kingdom’s can be
brutal.  (Seriously, ask any artisan who’s been there.)

The fact of the matter is that you cannot have a not-for-profit educational
organization without people who are willing to put in the time to learn and
share their knowledge with others.  The artisans are what help make us part
of the Society for Creative Anachronism, not just the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Without our artisans, there would be no classes, or ambience at our events.
With their many and varied talents, these people create the atmosphere that
make all of our events experiences as close to the Middle Ages as we can get
them.  Do you like the look of something you’ve seen at an event?  An
artisan created it.  Like the smell or taste of something yummy at an event?
An artisan made it?  Did you hear music at your last event?  An artisan was
likely playing it.  Have you seen classes taught at events?  An artisan was
teaching them.  Have you received an award at any time in our fair Kingdom?
An artisan took the time to provide a scroll for that award, likely another
one created the award insignia you were given to wear.

Without our artisans, we would be much less that what we are today.  We are
all better for having them represent and share their arts.  I encourage you
to please take a moment to thank and acknowledge our artisans.

For the Artisans of Ansteorra! VIVAT!!!

In Service to the Dream,

Lady Renée du Valier

Barony of Bryn Gwlad