[Northkeep] What Now?

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Fri May 18 11:04:19 PDT 2001

Robert writes:

> This could hardly have happened at a worse time.  We have an event to
> run in two weeks.  We have a Crown coming to visit that I expect that most
> of the barony is going to be very angry with.  Though we are hurting we have
> guests coming.  Let's pull together and see to it that they have a good
time.

This, and everything else Robert said, is plain truth.  And I'm gonna take it
to what't probably gonna be an unpleasant level for some:  It's ESPECIALLY
true where the Crown is concerned.  Snubbing them, or even expressing our
anger to them publicly at an event WE'RE hosting will affect the Crown not in
the least, but it WILL affect our reputation in the rest of the kingdom.  I
admit to a great deal of anger over this situation, but the Crown will see a
smile on my lips, if not my eyes, and me playing my role to the hilt.
As hosts, we have a responsibility to everyone that comes to give them their
money's worth.  We are the production crew, extras, and minor players in an
improvisionational theater, and the visiting Royals (and the participants in
the competitions, especially the winners) will be the stars.  But our first
responsibility will be to the audience (which is everyone there, INCLUDING
the stars) and our second is to the reputation of the event and our Barony.
We MUST treat the Crown as Royalty, because while they're on stage that's
what they ARE, and the Play's the thing.
Kevin