[Sca-cooks] kneeling

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Jan 7 08:10:55 PST 2008

Interesting conversation...

I knelt at my elevation. And yes, I needed help getting up.
Fortunately I had James on one side and my friend Vesta (lady fighter
with much musklz ;-)) to help me up. Another thing that helped is
that there was a little low bench to kneel on, and it was easier to
get up from that then it would have been from the usual pillow.

At last 12th Night, however, I was miserable. I was on retinue and on
the wardrobe team, and with all the thank-you's, I was up and down a
lot. Amalric made a point of coming down from the dais to help me up.
(I've never had a King do that before, and I was deeply honored that
he did so.) After a few though, I stopped kneeling and simply stood
to the back of the group. I don't think anyone minded.

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore