[Sca-cooks] Everything old is new again

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 14:03:43 PST 2008

Linda Peterson wrote:
> I found one in the course of looking at the link Selene provided, that was
> a home pan (rather than the commercial units) that was from an Amazon
> affiliate. I had run across the takayaki watching a travel channel show.
> It seems there is some city in South America that has the largest
> concentration of Japanese outside of Japan (Sao Paolo?). Our family love
> tako but feel guilty about consuming intellegent aliens.
>
> Mirhaxa  ;)
>    mirhaxa at morktorn.com

They are pretty fascinating and darned smart for molluscs.  You can make
them with shrimp instead, that's a standard alternative.  Shrimp aren't
smart.  And lobsters are downright evil, they deserve to die.  In my
stock pot.  Mwahahaha!

Like many other immigrants to the Americas, I guess that the Japanese
got told "OK here we are, it's America" and got off the boat, and it
wasn't the USA.  Peru had a president of Japanese heritage not long ago,
didn't they?  It just sounds a bit, well not funny but cognotively
dissonant to hear non-Spanish names in South America.

I'm going to stop power-answering in this topic and go take a nap now.

Selene