[Sca-cooks] Dinner Impossible

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:09:07 PST 2008

> Susan Fox wrote:

>>> I watched the episode where he was cooking someplace similar to the Henry
>>> Ford, using the fire and weight-turned spit, but it was all modern recipes.
>>> I think he'd be TOTALLY thrown off by having to do period-ish food and
>>> seasonings :)
>>>
>>> Ilsebet
>>Obviously, one of us would have to be there as an advisor and warn him
>>off the obvious no-go's, such as corn and tomatoes, as well as the less
>>obvious, like balsamic vinegar. Any volunteers? [Grin, duck the
>>incoming stampede]
>
> Do I get to wield a VERY large wooden spoon as a "kitchen scepter"?
>
> ;-)
>
> Dragon

Actually, we not only have someone who has been cooking every year for the last many years for the Scottish Royal at the MD Fest, she is also a cornerstone in our Bright Hills Cooks Guild (Baltimore MD area).  The Guildmaster (me) actually has a huge wooden cleaver as a symbol of "office" that I can lend to Baroness Cordelia.  She could have a lot of fun with this.....

Olwen