[Sca-cooks] Curious about a spice.

Marcha nigsdaughter at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 14 08:17:25 PDT 2008

Saffron is the stigma "painstakingly picked by hand" from a Crocus flower
grown only in certain parts of the world.  Mine is from Spain and is little
reddish/orange threads.  It is called "Coupe Grade" and is wonderful to make
all sorts of goodies.  I wonder if perhaps the bottle in question was
mis-labeled and that it is actually Nutmeg. Besides freshly ground Nutmeg is
the way to go.

Shalom,
Bertha

Besse spat alls nie.