[Sca-cooks] Replacing a pan...from Isabella

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Mar 17 16:55:02 PDT 2008

I suppose I'm a blacksmith barbarian ;-) My beloved frying pans are
cast iron- can't beat them, for durability or performance.

When I want a light pan, though, I reach for the carbon steel pan
Adamantius sent me He suggested it for an omelet pan, once properly
seasoned, and I've been very happy with it- in fact, A, I'd be
thrilled to get another couple, but we can discuss that privately And,
of course, I love me carbon steel Omigosh wok ;-)

I dunno- I've never found a commercial non-stick finish that I was
really happy with, other than the ones you develop by properly
seasoning cast iron or carbon steel I just spied a used one at my
favorite flea market that I'll buy from the vendor next Sunday- it's a
nice, American made (a name brand) frying pan, about a foot in
diameter, with a glass lid- designed to be used primarily for frying
chicken- $10. There's more than one reason to like cast iron ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard