[Sca-cooks] Food Handling Certificate

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 11:06:47 PDT 2008

Go to the Servsafe site on line for more info.
Community colleges with some kind of food service
classes will generally have a class as will your local
restaurant inspection organization. This is handled by
different people in different counties. You will want
a class that meets over several days. The classes in a
day or two are generally for refresher classes for
those who need to re-certify.
I also am in California and am a professional cook and
MUST be re-certified every 2 years.
Different states have different specs, and YES, CA's
are the most strict.

--- Lilinah <lilinah at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I don't want to attend a cooking school for a few
> years, although 
> that would be great, because i can't afford the
> expense or time and 
> i'm never going to be a professional cook (i'm too
> old and decrepit).
> However, i've been toying with the idea of getting a
> food handlers 
> license or certificate or whatever it is. I'm sure
> it varies from US 
> state to state - i'm in California.
> Where should i be looking for classes that won't
> break the bank or 
> make me miss "Lost" on Thursdays?
> -- 
> Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
> the persona formerly known as Anahita
> My LibraryThing
> http://www.librarything.com/catalog/lilinah
> _______________________________________________
> Sca-cooks mailing list
> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org

Looking for last minute shopping deals?  
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list