[Ansteorra-announce] Research and Finding Documentation in Ansteorra

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 20:51:02 PDT 2004

Mistress Gunnvor wrote:
> Today a brave soul was complaining to me about "Why I can't do
> documentation
> and research"... The reason this gentle gave me was that the materials
> they
> needed were not available in their local public library.
>
> As it turns out, almost every local SCA group in the kingdom has one
> or more
> college/university libraries near at hand.  Of these, virtually all
> have
> online card catalogs, and most will let non-students come and use
> books on
> the premises.  Most public libraries can also get these books for you
> via
> Interlibrary Loan, allowing you to borrow books from libraries
> potentially
> half the world way.
>
> To make some of this a little easier for folks, I put together a
> helpful
> guide to libraries and tracking down information for research and
> documentation in Ansteorra, then popped it up onto my website so
> people can
> access it easily:
>
> http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/ResearchAndDocumentation.htm
Thank you.

For some additional info along these lines folks might also want to
take a look at these two files in the INFO-SOURCES section of the
Florilegium:
Libry-Research-art (44K) 12/ 3/03    "Historical Research in the Modern
Library"
                                        by Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/INFO-SOURCES/Libry-Research-art.html
Using-ILL-art      (8K) 11/09/03    "Interlibrary Loan" by Aelfwynn of
Whitby
http://www.florilegium.org/files/INFO-SOURCES/Using-ILL-art.html

Stefan
(who now, really, needs to find the time to so some research. Such as
some on 12th C Anglo-Norman clothing...)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com